We take great pleasure in announcing our data protection solution for Indian businesses in accordance with the Digital Data Protection Act of 2023. The law emphasises the balance between lawful data processing and the right to protect personal data.
We provide a Platform – a no-code dashboard and a set of APIs – to help you register your data protection policy (covering data collection, processing, purpose, transfer, and storage); Design multilingual consent pages to obtain and register customer consent across all your data collection touchpoints.
Key Aspects of the India Data Protection Act
- The data principal (your customer) has ultimate control over their personal data. Failure to record consent may result in severe fines as per the Indian data protection law.
- The data controller (you) takes full accountability and responsibility for data use, processing, transfer, storage, and ultimate archival.
- The data processors (companies appointed by you) can assist with the processing of personal data in accordance with the consent received.
- Every piece of personal data captured must be obtained with clear and plain consent (presented in the language of the customer’s choice), and proof of consent should be registered for compliance.
- Provide an easy way for customers to amend or revoke preferences and offer a grievance mechanism to raise complaints if privacy is violated or if data is used beyond the purpose for which it was collected.
How the Atlas Data Protection Platform can help your business
- Register your systems along with the data collected, purpose for which the data is collected, and with whom the data will be shared for processing. We provide a simple dashboard and an Excel template for you to add your systems and policies to the dashboard.
- Create custom consent pages mapped to your systems (e.g. Onboarding, HR, CRM etc). We provide consent designer to easily build custom consent pages that will be displayed to the user. You can present the data protection consent pages in 9 different Indian languages to your customers.
- Simply invoke the consent page through an API call and obtain clear and informed consent from the customer with clarity on what data is collected and how it is processed.
- Make a data registry entry in the dashboard for every consent received. Note that the registry only stores the consent and ‘no’ personal data is stored.
- Ensure all downstream systems wanting to access the data for processing (e.g. marketing systems or third-party processing systems) verifies if the consent is available to process – this is done through a simple API call to the registry before processing the said data.
- Allow change requests from customers to make changes to processing preferences. This is enabled from any of your customer touchpoints (such as Net Banking or Mobile App) through simple API calls. For instance, customer changes to data processing preferences can be updated through mobile app or through net banking or simply by scanning a QR code. The changes can be approved by a Data Protection Officer for downstream systems to make the required customer preference changes.
- Generate reports and view the percentage of systems that are compliant with the data protection policies and send broadcast messages to system owners to remain compliant.
How can you do a one time exercise to obtain fresh consent from your existing customers?
- To ensure that you are processing data in accordance with your customers’ consent, it is necessary to obtain fresh consent. As a one-time exercise, we offer a mechanism for uploading customer numbers and emails to send a link for obtaining renewed consent.
- An API call is made to invoke the consent pages presented to the customer. Once the consent is provided, the same is registered in the data protection registry (dashboard).
- Upon receiving the link, customers can choose the language in which to view the consent page. This page describes the data collected, explains how the data is processed, and allows customers to provide informed consent, enabling legal processing of data by organizations.
We are your friends at frslabs
FRSLABS is an award-winning research and development company specialising in customer onboarding, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions for businesses. Whether you are a big bank, insurance, telco or a small investment broker, we help you onboard and verify your customers with greater flexibility, compliance and reliability.
Built for you, not for investors
We do what is right for you (and only you) at scale. Nothing is off-limits for us when it comes to innovation, a culture best reflected in the array of patents we have filed. We want to be your trusted partner, to build the solutions you need, and to succeed when you succeed.
Priced for success
We are driven by our mission to touch a billion lives with our tools and not beholden by venture capital or mindless competition. We therefore have the freedom to do the right thing, and price our products sensibly, keeping your success and our staff in mind.
Supported by humans
Whatever it takes, we are here to help you succeed with our products and services. For a start, you get to talk to a human for help, not bots, to figure things out one-to-one. Whatever your needs, however trivial or complex it may seem, we have you covered.